Locally I help in four major areas.
- The Starnberger Tafel, of which a picture is seen below:
- It takes place every Thursday
- It involves collecting overdue food, which actually is still good for another week or so
- Bringing it to a meeting point
- Sorting out the food and setting it up in categories like meat, vegetables, yoghurt, etc.
- Finally handing the food out to poor people who cannot afford to buy it themselves
- This does not cost anything for the poor people
- The second area is being part of the youth group of the Freiwillige Feuerwehr Berg
- This is a group of people who want to help at the fire department honorarily
- It involves theory and practice lesson
- In addition to the actual emergency situations
- Thirdly I support out local Plant For The Planet group by planting trees and raising money.
- Then there are other projects I do, which are in a smaller scale. These include:
- Helping at an old peoples home
- Generally supporting elderly people
- Garbage collection
- Or many other events